Given that the use of Sustainability measures (i.e ESG) is a growing trend in the Investment Management space what can financial firms do NOW from a data management perspective to position their firms for the future?
1. Source ESG data from multiple vendors (minimum 3 sources and a max. of 6)
2. Review, Scrub and Create ‘Golden Copy’ of required ESG Security attributes from each data set
3. Provide access to ‘Golden Copy’ ESG security attributes to other systems such as Performance and RISK
4. Build capability to calculate Performance and RISK analytics using configurable ESG attribute groups or by individual ESG attributes. e.g. Exposure/VaR by ESG Rating, Returns by ESG Score, etc.
5. Add new ‘Portfolio Insights’ using above calculated analytics to BI Dashboard and/or develop necessary client/regulatory reports